Friday, June 13, 2008

eternal life

My sister is visiting from Kentucky this week. She is here mostly to see my parents, my mom, really. But she also wants to see my grandsons, my daughter and me.

She brought these pictures with her so I could make copies. The one below was given to her by our grandmother. It is a picture of Ed Lewis and his family... my great-grandfather on my grandfather's side. She told me that when grandma gave her the picture she asked,"Do you see anyone familiar?" As it turns out, Papa (Ed) looks just like my sister. Same long face, same long nose, and unfortunately same thin lipped mouth.
She also brought this picture. It is my sister at 5 years old... probably her kindergarten picture. Look at the eyes, the nose. She was a real cutie before her face got so long and lean.
Now look at this dirty guy, the eyes, the nose... if we could see the mouth, we would see that his lips when held in a half smile look like the ones above.

We are going to have to keep an eye on him and these pictures as reference, just to see where the gene pool is leading us. My mom has said nearly from day one that this one is a Lewis...
Life goes on. If we are reborn in no other way, we are reborn in our children and our children's children.
My mom is going to die soon. I wonder what baby will be born that carries her beautiful face, her great hair and her fiery temper? Hope I am around when it happens.
Peace & Love

No comments: