Tuesday, June 3, 2008

6/3 another day...

Odd not having classes but needing to go to work... to what? work in my room... which I did. Joyfully. Having completely gotten over the idea I would paint my classroom, I papered it with National Geographic maps and art clippings. At the end of the day I surveyed my dynasty and wondered if I would ever have the nerve to leave these safe, but often restrictive walls.

We have been told we do not qualify for a free "jeans day" tomorrow because 85% of the school did not complete some survey... this is why I have to leave... I am going to wear jeans... not because I want to, honestly, it is too darned hot to wear jeans.. but in protest. the principal specifically told the eighth graders they could not wear formals or spaghetti straps to the dance the other night, but she became blind when they arrived in formals and spaghetti straps... and 3" heels...no one will send me home to change.

I need to write two pages on clarity and two pages on being candid. I found two more classes to sign up for... encaustics... ooo, little leaps and jigs for joy.

Met Kel for margaritas and dinner tonight. She leaves for Chicago and the Midwest tomorrow. Nice.

Write two pages on what I don't find at church. Write two pages on intuition. Write two pages on this crazy fantasy I've been having.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Barbara! I just finished the Italy part of Eat, Pray, Love and it was impossible to read without eating!!! I start India tomorrow on the plane!

I plan to take the Natalie Goldberg workshop in Sedona this September also! I adore her! I signed up last year and unfortunately had to cancel...so this year is a must!

And last---I say wear those jeans! Principals can be so absolutely out of touch, that sometimes they need a good smack in the ego to see they are dealing with people and not robots!

Peace & Love.

Anonymous said...

I love your rebellious spirit, but why oh why did I have to inherit it?! god, it makes life hell sometimes!!