Saturday, November 17, 2007

when I know it is all bigger than I am

In the last week or so I have been feeling pretty good... I have this little smile... I have been remembering to say "thank you" to God and the Universe... I have been feeling creative (I made six bracelets this morning! Oh, my!)...and I am still furiously knitting away on the scarf. I have been browsing the etsy site at lunch every day, and I feel this excitement building because of that, and my business cards, and this outrageous feeling of possibility that has overtaken me.

Anyway, while all this near-euphoria has been going on, I have been driving myself to work and working, of course, and allowing my mind to wander...and in the midst of this wandering, my mind has said to me at least twice, that I needed to contact the one and only person from high school that I still know, Steve, and tell him we need to have a reunion... it has been forty-one years and no reunion... and I am ready. I have actually thought, "why haven't we had a reunion?"... honest, it has been a reoccurring thought in the last several days... and one that I really never had before... and today I get, tucked in a pile of junk mail, a card telling me that the class of 1967 is planning a reunion on July 12, 2008.

I am supposed to go.

I have had this kind of thing happen to me before. This thinking about something or someone and then to have that thing happen or that someone call. I know that this is not an accident or coincidence. I know that I need to pay attention to what is happening, even though I have no idea what to expect. What a wild ride we are on.

So, Illinois in July. People I have not seen in forty years. Could be a little stressful. I need to become serious about abs.

You know, this is meant to be... that is what I think anyway... and that thought both comforts and alarms me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is what caroline myss calls "synchronicity." i'll send you her book for x-mas.