Saturday, November 3, 2007

artandspiritbead

Kelly called and got me out of bed early this morning. Her mind had been churning since four a.m. and she wanted to meet for coffee... she had things to tell me... she had assignments for me... so I pulled myself out and met her at AJ's patio for a cup of joe and a kutchen.

She was brimming with ideas! Perhaps all this energy was coming from the chakra cleansing she had the day before... perhaps she was just experiencing a power surge... whatever it was she had a list of to-do's and some of them were for me.

She told me I needed to get business cards by the end of the week, I needed to write a one paragraph profile again by the end of the week, and I needed to develop a mock brochure. I also needed to check with Kinkos about printing brochures and check on an Etsy store.

I get all this before 8 a.m.... I am not experiencing a power surge. I am feeling more like I am dragging myself out of a deep well. I smile, I agree, but I can tell that my level of excitement is not meeting hers.

The rest of the day begins to roll out... a trip to my daughter's to help her with a craft project that has her stumped, a quick jaunt to the Goodwill (they were having a half price sale... I bought this beaded thing for the beads), a drive around the block looking to see what is for sale in her neighborhood, then to the gym mostly for the pool and the steam room... back home, a load of laundry, a salad for dinner and finally I sat down and designed and ordered business cards, set up a business related e-mail and began the process of defining who I am.

My business e-mail is artandspiritbead@gmail.com

No comments: