Thursday, November 15, 2007

scrap yarn


Last night I started this scarf from odds and ends, left-over yarn. The pattern is one I found in the Last Minute Knitted Gifts book. It is called a mistake rib. You cast on an odd number of stitches and then knit two, purl two, until you get to the end and then you just knit (or purl) one, turn and begin the k2,p2 pattern again... and what you get is this really defined but textural rib. I am doing two rows of solid and one of the multi.

I love it! As I am watching the texture and the color roll out I am wondering what this stitch would look like in a hat... a sweater.... a vest.

Plus, look at this picture! Taken with my old camera but set on the "tulip". I really held myself as still as possible, because I do think I have some problems in that department and then, when I up-loaded it to my computer I lightened it up. I think it looks pretty good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the photo does look nice - and so does the scarf!

Barbara said...

I think I have it sold! that is if I want to part with it...

and thanks for the comment on my photo...