Monday, June 8, 2009

june 7

On Sunday's I always try to listen to Splendid Table on my local public radio... I'm not much of a cook, just enjoy listening to Lynn Rosetto Kasper's voice, she reminds me of my sister at her most dramatic... but the today I suddenly heard her mention preserved lemons and began to listen as closely as I could with Pete jabbering in my other ear... after every one left - the family had been over - I searched for the recipe, because while I knew what they were, I did not know what they were called until that moment.

I had a broccoli dish a week ago that was the best thing I've ever tasted... there were preserved lemons in the dish and peanuts, I think. Incredible flavor. On Splendid Table, Lynne Rosetto Kasper says they can make a chicken dish... I can certainly see why.


The recipe I've linked to says you need 8-10 lemons, but Kasper said three or four, so I think strict adherence is not necessary as long as proportions remain the same.


Anyway, I have some lemons and kosher salt, so my early project for Monday will be to make a jarful.

No comments: