Sunday, June 7, 2009

june 6

This is a corner of my office, and while it is not empty, it is virtually empty. When the day began, this table was completely covered with art and jewelry supplies, art tools, scraps of interesting paper, seed pods and nuts, wires and buttons. Not only was the table covered, but I had two rolling plastic drawer units that were completely jammed with supplies and the floor surrounding it all was covered with piles of the same kind of stuff. It is not gone, it has been reorganized into tubs - the same kind of art filing system I use at school - and the tubs are now stacked in my guest room awaiting their final home in tall IKEA cabinets. The wobbly card table with the vintage table cloth will be gone, the hand painted by William paper will be
moved to a different location, my vision board will be removed, revamped, and returned to a place it can remind me of where I am right now. In it's place will sit two IKEA wardrobe sized cabinets with two tubs on each shelf. I believe all my art, jewelry, sewing and knitting supplies will fit inside it. Mismatched drawer units will be gone. Organization will rule. And my hope is that art will happen because I no longer feel overwhelmed with the mess and can actually get to the things I need. Another self-portrait. I blew my hair straight. Feeling conflicted about it. Straight, curly, super short, or be patient and let it grow beyond this not-so-flattering stage?

No comments: