Saturday, June 6, 2009

6-5


The temperature has dropped and the breeze has picked up. A great day to get outside early and tackle the first item on my "get organized" agenda... my outdoor storage room.

For a storage room, it is quite large, about 8'x8'. But it has become a jumble of left over paint cans, wood scrap, a large mirror salvaged from my remodeled bathroom, art supplies and camping gear. I needed to create some order, but mostly I needed to clear some space, because now that I have a working sink in there, I'm thinking art-room... I'm tired of dreaming. It is time I had one.


First order of business was to get everything out, so pretty soon my whole patio area was covered with various piles... keep, recycle, give to Goodwill, pitch... and toxic wastes. My daughter came over and took a few things, my friend Jelene came by and took some more, I've put the paint to dispose of in a secluded spot and removed the lids... dried up paint can go in the garbage later. The recycle and Goodwill items are in my car and ready to go for tomorrow.
I hung the mirror-see the reflection - it makes me feel like I have more elbow room. I brought most of my paper -making supplies out here and tomorrow I will look for a blender at Goodwill (50% off Saturday). I found some things I'd completely forgotten about, designated a few things appropriate items for Christmas gifts and all-in-all accomplished what I'd set out to do, I have a place where art is possible... a place I can drip on the ground, where I have a large sink, etc... all I will need to do is pull my bicycle out and I'll be ready to go.
I had thought in the morning that I'd need to purchase a storage unit to put on my patio, but after just cleaning I see I have plenty of room.
Next week I tackle my office... with some luck I can get it under control as well.
Oh... no self-portrait... it was so horrible I just deleted it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking great! where is the sink exactly?