Thursday, June 4, 2009

june 3

First day of my summer vacation and the first order of business is cleaning... and I mean cleaning everything, from my toxic body to the storage room off my patio.

Last summer I began a remodel of my house and it looks great, but I have one or two cluttered, needs-order-now, areas. One of those is my storage room, which I'm going to try to clean into an outside art staging area and my office, where beyond my desk, art supplies lay in piles on the floor, the table, or stashed inside a couple plastic rolling bins. I didn't really start cleaning these today, but I did begin to brainstorm how I was going to manage the transition from piled and stashed to organized art materials and space. I think IKEA and several Rubbermaid tubs will do the trick inside and outside cleaning, throwing and rearranging might be all it really takes.

I began cleaning my intestinal tract today, too. Seems that by the end of every school year I've managed to let myself get run down from stress, poor eating habits and sporadic workouts. It will take a couple of weeks to get my body back on track, but I'm beginning today to take care of myself. Making time to be still, to exercise every day and to eat all the beautiful food that can make me feel great.

Not such a tall order, is it? Just get everything to run just a bit more smoothly... clear the clutter that causes me stress, eat great food and read great books, knit every day and go to my water aerobics class. What a great life!

No comments: