Sunday, June 21, 2009

been away

I've been in Santa Fe... and a little under the weather as well. That explains my absence... but I'm back and will try to be true to my blogging as the summer winds out.

I met Aunt Jean and my cousin, Teresa in Albuquerque. From there we took the shuttle to Santa Fe. Our goal, to walk down all the little roads, wander into every gallery, eat some authentic and inventive New Mexican cuisine... we managed to do most of it in the five days we were there.
Our room had windows that opened... so unusual for hotels anymore. The window could not be considered a "view: but it was enough that we could see the mountains to the east, hidden here by clouds. The rainbow hung around for quite a while as the storm rolled out of town leaving everything clean and sparkling.
We met up with Sara, friend of Teresa. She had recently moved to Taos and agreed to meet us in town and then drive out to Ghost Ranch and tour Georgia O'Keeffe's home. This is a picture of white cliffs that O'Keeffe painted many times. Look at how washed out the picture looks. I think it's the sunlight... so bright it washed all the color away.

Here we are. Sara took the shot... I do love this picture, it shows how much fun we really did have.

No comments: