Thursday, March 27, 2008

Last chance

Today was my last chance and first time to ski this year... but still at 7:30 this morning I still hadn't 100% decided whether I was going to go or not. At 7:45 I told myself, "just go!" And so I did.
I went to Snowbowl, the ski resort just north of Flagstaff. Some years they have only been able to open for a week, but this year Arizona has been blessed with snow... but too bad for me, it seemed I was either sick or busy every weekend between the end of December and today.
It was a beautiful day! I love spring conditions... spoiled, I guess.. Just can't imagine why anyone would want to ski in the cold... No heavy jacket, a thermal, a long sleeved T and a fleece vest... and a bunch of sun screen. I started on the greens just to warm up.

But it wasn't too long and I graduated to the blues and even a tame black diamond a couple of times. You know, as much as I like going down the hill, my favorite part of skiing is riding the lift... it is so silent and peaceful. I had forgotten.
And I began to have a really good time, met some nice folks, and promised that next year this would be more of a priority.
The snow is going quickly. There will be no more within a week or so. Spring is pushing it's way into the mountains. My day ended here when I realised my legs were wearing out. I hadn't fallen once and did not want to break that record.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

white framed sunglasses are very hip you know ;)

looks like fun!