Tuesday, March 18, 2008

guilding the lily


Lately I try not looking too closely at myself... age, and maybe just a touch of indifference, have been taking their toll. But in the last couple days I have been working at a little self-improvement. I cleaned out my closet and set aside some things that have never been "me". I made a list of things I would like... jeans that fit, a fine pair of sandals, all new bras, and maybe a top or two that have that Gap, J. Crew, J. Jill sense of tailored casual. Oh, and fresh color for my hair...

I found this J. Crew shirt at the local thrift store yesterday... it was 99cent Monday's and this was the one thing I paid more than 99cents for. I had seen an almost identical shirt, Ralph Lauren, at the mall that day for $79. This was $7.99.

These Born sandals are super comfortable and something about them takes me right back to 1969.


Four new bras... and a new bigger size. Sadly, not because I have become more voluptuous... just a rather distressing excess of skin! But they make me feel a bit better about my self than the ones I discarded Monday.


before hair color .....


and after..... good heavens, could I have broken my nose and not have known it? Okay, the picture is horrible, but the color really is good.

Oh and I found the jeans at J. Jill, the Tried and True fit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the color does look good!