Sunday, March 30, 2008

craft bug

The other day I dropped off a trunk-load of items at my favorite thrift store, stopped to browse and walked out with three knitting books and three knitting magazines. Since then, I have been going through them a page at a time.
This little vest, from Creative Knitting, really appeals to me. Fair Isle(something I'd like to learn, but have been afraid of), but easy. I have read through the entire pattern and think I could master it if I give myself enough time. In another book, 25 Bags to Knit, they have a few purses with extremely simple Fair Isle samplings in them... that might be a reasonable place to practice carrying color as I get ready for the vest. I also wonder if I could make the vest a bit longer, since I think this cropped style only looks good on curvier figures than those that run in my family.

I have been primarily a scarf and felted bag girl since I began knitting. It is time I branched out and learned a few more tricks. Now all I need to do is think about color combinations and yarn choices. Maybe I can use some of my considerable stash for the color-ways. In fact, I could probably do the entire thing if I chose black as the background color....

So many choices!

1 comment:

gkgirl said...

fair isle
or any sort of pattern
scares me...
i know i should just bite the bullet
and give it a try
but i guess i'm just not ready
to take that step yet...
:)

and thank you for the comment
left on my blog...
:)