Tuesday, March 11, 2008

a couple of things

Three days to go until spring break.

The sixth graders today did their best to alienate me. The age is difficult enough, but couple that with a last period art class (spelled "free-time" as far as they are concerned) and the last week of school before break. Well, they were insufferable... and I was probably lacking in understanding. So we were poorly matched.

But three more days and then I will have two wonderful weeks to read, hike the mountain, shop for a few essentials I've been needing, trim my bougainvillea and sleep until I wake up naturally. Bliss!

I am in love with PJ... he is a kindergartner. He knows I love him. I give him this fierce look and he gives me this little smile and calls me "Art".... we are doing top and bottom pictures right now. We talk half a period about what is up and what is down and then I show them a piece of paper and say, "this is the top, this is the bottom" and we talk about what goes at the top and the bottom of the page. Kindergartners let houses float in the sky... I am trying to get them to think about placement, plus their teachers tell me they really need to reinforce these concepts. All I know is they are fun to do, and though I cannot identify a thing on PJ's top and bottom picture, he has told me what everything is and he has got it just right.

So one really annoying minus, but a great big plus to make things come out well... kind of like Obama's bid for the nomination.

Guess you know, I like him the best, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 weeks off, I'm so jealous! We have a 4-day weekend for Easter.

I love waking up with the sun. We have a window right over our bed that I keep open just for this purpose... except on full-moon nights. For some reason, the light always hits just my side of the bed!