Wednesday, May 28, 2008

first day of water aerobics

I knew it when I woke up today... 6 more days of school and, yippee!, first day of water aerobics for the summer.

After all the unseasonably cool weather we've had, I have been really worried about the pool temperature, but today my fears were laid to rest.

When I pedaled up to the pool there were already four people in the water belly-button deep. We all know the test is to get your armpits in... if you can do that and survive you will do fine. I decided my best tactic was to go right in... to just get it over with... and surprise, surprise... it wasn't bad at all.

We did all the things I like, jogging in the water, working our arms until they felt like they would drop off. I wore water shoes for the first time... lace up kind, the laces kept coming untied... and my new bargain basement suit kept riding up in the rear. But oooo, it felt good to move through the water, to be in the water outside, not in some indoor pool... and it was great to see people I haven't seen since September.

Three days a week from now until sometime in September... Last year, after the first month I had the best arms I had had in years... this year I am in better shape to begin with, so need to find ways to work myself a little harder. The shoes create some additional resistance for my legs and I have these foam cuffs I will begin to wear to create resistance for my arms.

Stephanie says invite your friends, so consider yourselves invited, you will not be disappointed.

No comments: