Saturday, May 17, 2008

mission accomplished

I finished it last night. This purse of cotton-linen Rowan yarn. Just a few mistakes, enough to let the spirit of the bag move in and out. Size? 12x10. (no flash)
Lined, too. Actually a requirement. The stitches are too loose and the yarn too fragile to handle unlined. Even included a pocket for my lip gloss or cell phone to sit in.

Up-close look at the stitches... one row is k2,p2.. the next row is just k. I like how this looks, how it changes the texture of the piece... the top is knit a row, purl a row. I think I might try this in a vest I'd like to make of odd'n'end wools I have left over.


This is the bag using the flash. I think this color is a little truer. Notice the handles... I used up the green at one end of both of the handles... This was not part of the pattern plan, but it suited me to use at least one of the colors up, leaving no extra to try to work into yet another project.

Anyway, I am quite pleased with the final product and already thinking about what to do next.
Read an interview last night with artist Larkin Jean Van Horn where she said she needed to "clear the path" before she was ready for the new project. This really resonated with me. I think I will go through my yarn, touch it all, regroup and gather... then maybe I will be ready for the next piece to begin.
In fact, I think this clearing the path way is what, at least I, need to do to move forward in almost every avenue of my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooo, turned out really nice. I like the lining!!

gkgirl said...

wow...
i think this turned out very
pretty...
i really like the colors!
:)