Sunday, May 4, 2008

birthday

Will, my son-in-law had his 30th birthday party today... he got a whoopie cushion from his sons... I really do not think the boys will ever let him play with it.
They had all gone to play dodge-ball and then came to my daughter's house for food and cake

People closest to Katie, Gene and Judy, came to wish Will a happy day.


The made from scratch cake was an artistic masterpiece. It was supposed to be a pirate ship, but it split apart, so it became a pirate ship that had been bombed... see the little pirate holding the candle and all the broken masts?

They had to light the candle several times so we could sing happy birthday and each child could blow the candle out.

The kids then went for the cup cakes... easier to eat and they were promised a "treasure" inside. Looks like pretty serious business.

P. will grow out of this stage, right?

One of the pretty girls at the party. W. looked after her the entire time...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the best cake ever! And very easily could have been baked at my home! Thanks for your comments on my blog, have a great day.

Granny Smith said...

I really loved this true-to-life evocation of a happy family celebration. Why does that birthday cake look so familiar? The photos are darling!

Anonymous said...

I love the cake! And isn't that girl a little young for W. Wish Will a (belated) happy birthday from me!!