Wednesday, May 7, 2008

five I'm thankful for

1. The pain has gone away... as mysteriously as it came. One of the weird things about being well into my 50's are these pains. Maybe they start from wearing the wrong shoes, or bending over in a very normal way, or turning around too fast... I don't even know for sure what happens, but I will wake up in pain (I did Tuesday) and it will seem to be everywhere in my body and then in 24 to 36 hours it is all but gone. Why is that? Anyway it was here and now it is gone and I feel like a whole person again.
2. The third grade class is done with their robots... we had a little art walk and voted for the most unique, funniest, best construction... it was neat... and I am thankful it is over - kind of a chaotic,free-for-all project - I am thankful because tomorrow they will color. Ahhhh, peace!
3. This cool glass of water... after a couple days of not drinking enough water, today I began to drink again and this water is so sweet and delicious I do not understand why I simply don't drink enough sometimes... maybe that was why I was in pain.
4. This soft shroud of silence I wrap around myself lately. Wonderful things happen here.
5. Cool breezes in May. Yesterday it was 80, today it just barely reached 90. This kind of cool in May needs to be savored, because when it is gone, it will be gone for a long, long time.

No comments: