Tuesday, April 29, 2008

feeling a little jealous

I think the pollen count is off the charts here... even my skin itches.

Phoenix is in the throws of reproduction as the spring rains have given rise to wild exuberance in the plant kingdom... but it is making me miserable.

Red eyes feel like they are filled with sand.
Red nose from too much wiping, blowing and sniffling
Dry mouth and chapped lips from decongestants that leave me parched, but thank heaven, breathing
Scratchy throat with a voice that lurches through thick mucus.

Where my sister lives they still fear a late frost, but here it is dry and 95 today.

So hard to believe that someone lives where a sweater is still required, where the air is still crisp, clean and nearly sterile, where you can go for a walk and take in deep breathes of air as you look for signs of spring.

No comments: