Sunday, April 13, 2008

looking on the bright side

I bought a new pair of sun glasses. Amber lenses, polarised, too. The description said the frames would work for someone with a big head : )... that would be me.

I love them... I mean I love looking at my world through them! They remind me of the amber lenses Bill had on a pair of ski glasses... he said you just could not have a bad day looking through them. These are the same. Greens and yellows nearly glow... shadows are deeper, so everything looks a bit more vivid.

Arizona is in bloom. Palo Verde's are awash with yellow flowers... the olives around my house (ah-ah-choo!) are covered with their own sage green adornment. And the leaves on the trees are twisting and dancing under the 10% humidity breeze that lets every watt of sun energy come shining through.
Backyard tree without the glasses...


The mesquite taken through the amber glasses... look how the greens glow!
What a visual shot in the arm!
And then later with the glasses off, watching what fun two boys can have when they have a "fighting party" which I discovered was all about doing cool ninja moves to music.

I will someday have a granddaughter, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you see movement in the fighting pics. Don't tell Katie, but P is my new favorite nephew. In every picture he just gets sweeter and sweeter.