Sunday, April 13, 2008

fearless

I wanted my hair cut. Actually I wanted my head shaved... I wanted to start over... I wanted someone else's hair. But what I asked for, today, was a hair cut.

My youngest had come by to pick up a chest of drawers I was passing on to her house and I said, "Cut my hair."

I think I have mentioned I have curly hair. Not nice big shiny curls, but Brillo pad like kinkies with minds of their own. While she was fiddling with my computer I picked my hair out into a massive Afro. When she finally turned her attention to me, and said, "whoa!" as she viewed the fro, I told her to trim it just like she would a hedge, going for shape rather than all the same length. She mostly got it and with some help from me we ended up with something close to what I wanted.

After she left, I clipped a little more and the words, 'snicker-snack" blipped into my head. Jabberwocky! Now there is a story of fearlessness. At one time I had that poem by Lewis Carrol memorized. Full of joy, adventure and delight.

It will be tomorrow, after a shower and clips and gel, before I know if I can shout "Callooh! Callay!" over the hair cut. Once I get it in order, and that may take some revision, I will take a picture and let you see.

No comments: