Saturday, April 26, 2008

ok, two pictures of those boys... P has since gotten his hair cut, but still looks as cute as a two year old can... W taller and skinnier every day. Last night he wanted me to play GI Joe with him, but when his dad showed up, he told me I could quit, because "Dad knows how to play, Grama"
Cheeeze!
Too cool to be bothered with pictures

4/26/08

I have no voice today.

Yesterday it was getting pretty sketchy, but today it is gone. Oh, I can whisper... I can even honk out a couple sounds now and again. But for the most part, silence. I find a day of it expansive.

This morning I headed to the gym... avoiding the pollen and pollution and looking for the steam room. I did this exercise I have perfected where I go down into a crouch, holding ten pound weights in either hand, and do kind of a sideways crab walk... first leading with one foot then the other. I do fifteen in a row, then switch, and between my sets I do fifteen lunges. These kick butt and mine can feel it already this evening. It looks pretty funny, but I think it is effective.

I decided today I am going to pay attention to whether I am holding in my stomach. Honestly, my posture can sag into this s-curve so easily.

I also shopped. On line I purchase new Brooks running shoes... they are the only brand I have bought in several years... I read recently they are noted for their stability, and I can attest to their effectiveness. Also got some Columbia shorts, Chaco sandals, and a pair of Royal Robbins jeans that are made from a blend of Cool Max and Lycra... and probably some good old cotton twill, I'm really more curious about these than anything else.

I returned a dress I had ordered from Talbot's... it fit, it was very flattering... but it just didn't match my face... it needed a ponytail or something. Held my stomach in all the while I walked into the store and out.

Next stopped at the folks house to look at their toilet problem... it is funny, I an kind of an expert on toilets... I can pretty much fix anything that is wrong with one and diagnose what I can't fix... this was a can't fix problem. I was whispering the whole time, and my mom, who did not have her hearing aid in could not hear a thing I said unless I spoke right into her ear. I told her I spoke to L. this morning. She always asks.

After that I went to the mall... not my kind of shopping, normally, but they have a J. Jill store there and I had seen a denim skirt I wanted to try... Asked for a size ten, but ended up needing the eight... oh darn! Remembered to hold my stomach in the entire time I was in the store.

Went to Ulta2 and got some stuff I hope will make me look beautiful, to Trader Joe's and Sprouts (where I bought some throat tea by Yogi... maybe by tomorrow I will be able to speak if I sip this all night long), and finally to the library to drop off and pick up books.
Tonight, movies from the library, finishing up side one of the purse I am knitting, and maybe a chapter of one of the books I picked up.

No comments: