Saturday, December 20, 2008

getting there

I'm getting there.
Most gifts purchased, wrapped and under the tree. I can now see the dining room table.
A fresh wreath on the door. Tree trimmed. Candles in the candle holders. Plenty of fake logs - lame I know, but it is Arizona, and the fake ones pollute less.
Cookies and cookies and cookies.
Menus planned.
Tomorrow I will clean the bathrooms and check that the linens are fresh.
Monday Liz will be here!!!! I can't wait to see her... and this new person she is bringing along. This new person who wants to meet her family (just the teeniest bit stressful).

This old year is slip sliding away and though I want to savor every moment of this next week when I have my daughter here, I am so looking forward to the clean slate of a new year and a new beginning.

No comments: