Thursday, September 4, 2008

moving forward

I've been working on this altered book for about a week now... it is my first, and after a tentative start, I am starting to feel more confident.

What started out as a hum-drum page started to pick up steam when I began to collage on dyed bits of phone book and paint spattered & stained newspaper used to protect the tables when students paint. I also tried my hand at pen and ink... it has been a very long time since I played with that media.
Here's a close up... I lightened the photo trying to help you see what is happening, but think I only managed to make it look washed out. I don't think this is done yet, but as of now have no revelation where it will head next.
This is the second double page spread... again, I was just playing with colored newspaper, plus my gessoed surface has a lot more texture. As of now I don't seem to have much to write, but as I trudge along, I imagine this will get easier... anyway, I hope that is how it works.

peace

No comments: