Friday, January 18, 2008

A cautionary tale, in paradelle form

In December, I ran a stop signal.
In December, I ran a stop signal

Thought it was a right-on-red
Thought it was a right-on-red

Right-on-red, in December, was a stop signal
I ran a thought

Caught with a camera
Caught with a camera

in sunny California the fine is $387.00
in sunny California the fine is $387.00

Caught in California with a sunny camera, the fine is $387.oo

It is a fine, $387.00, caught with camera in sunny December California, the thought was "a right-on-red", I ran in a stop signal

*** this is my first attempt at a paradelle, a poetry form that delights me***

On the ticket, my sister's comment was, "Well, obviously the State of California really needs the money."

P.S. Although I am suffering from sticker shock, I am no longer seeking someone to blame, like I was the day I got the photo surveillance from the county of Riverside.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Poetry is a msytery to me - this fascinating technique shows how clever you are! Don't dwell on the rest, bead, run and keep your chin up B ;~)

Barbara said...

Thanks... I will definitely do that.

Anonymous said...

geez, and I thought tickets were expensive here. well, at least it's not on your record.