Friday, October 19, 2007

smells

I have a funny smell in my house... kind of like a pepper smell... black pepper... and I cannot figure out where it is coming from.

I have sniffed in my refrigerator, taken out all the trash, sniffed down my garbage disposal, sniffed the coffee grounds and the grinder(I grind pepper corns into my coffee... neat taste) but no smell there... I have wondered if it is residual scent left over from spraying a bunch of bug spray under the sink (I need to clean under the sink, you know the once every five years cleaning and I want everything dead) but I don't think it is that...

The smell is peppery, but it also reminds me of the apartment building where my great grandmother lived.... or maybe a room full of very old books... maybe an old book smell...

But I cannot find it, I cannot vanilla candle it away or blow it out by opening up all the windows... it is not a bad smell, just different...

No comments: