Monday, October 15, 2007

five things i can't live without

today I unraveled a shawl I had been knitting... things were getting odd and I needed to rethink the whole process... look at the pieces... maybe plan a bit more....

I have no trouble doing this anymore... stopping midway and saying, well this is not coming out as I want, and just ripping it all out and starting over. except I did not start over, not yet anyway. I have been reading instead... a light read, five things i can't live without, by Holly Shumus... a book about some fictitious girl who could be any number of girls or women I know... a book that is in some ways about me...

anyway, I'm thinking about the book, and my bio, and marketing, my dreams and this shawl.... unraveled, laid out on my living room floor, waiting to be taken up and knit together.

when do you begin being who you are?

No comments: