Wednesday, October 3, 2007

cloudy weather

clouds have been skittering across the sky the last couple of days turning our desert dry low 90's to muggy heavy high 90's... it has been a real drag on my energy... but the sunsets have been spectacular.

I have started a walking group, now that water aerobics is done. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays we hit the pavement and walk. This activity is so essential to me after a day of paint and glue and children. The last two nights as we head south the western sky is filled with clouds that appear to be on fire, clouds rimmed in brilliant gold that shifts to pink then plum.

I walk in the mornings too. Early. Around 4:30 am. This is holy time for me. Just me, the pavement, the dark sky dotted with stars. the last few weeks low in the eastern sky there is an enormous light that I have been told is Venus. I have noticed clouds too, glowing a soft white as they reflect the light of the city. It is never truly dark here.

there is rain forecast for tomorrow, then the clouds will skitter away and with it this dull heat that is dragging me down. 80's by Saturday.

yippee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

80's... can't wait!!