Wednesday, October 24, 2007

hump-day

Today I snuck out of school a bit early and...

got a flu shot - ouch! but now I can thumb my nose at some of those pesky viruses

went to Borders and bought a CD.... Jesca Hoop... Kismet... I like it as much as I thought I would...wonderful voice... on the front of the case was a sticker that said listening to this CD was like swimming in a lake at night... hmmm, to me that would just be creepy... but it does have this haunting lightness

made my appointment with my spiritual director and told her all about the things that scared me that I cannot do anything about but throw myself at the feet of Jesus... or do as Anne Lamott... write little notes and stuff them in glove boxes and drawers and between the cracks of the wailing wall - maybe I really should make prayer flags. But then I told her about the things that are really wonderful, like making three necklaces, a bunch of bracelets, a knit hat, a scarf, finding the perfect location for my studio, and reconnecting with some old friends.

met up with my walking group and race walked down the street, then turned back so I could amble along with them a bit.

Only two more work days until the weekend.

No comments: