Sunday, August 3, 2008

begun

Seems like I have been doing a lot of beginning lately.... beginning to take stock once again, beginning to remodel my bathroom, beginning to say yes to whatever is in the moment.... and beginning a bit of a business venture and of course, remodeling my kitchen.



First, the business venture... my friend Kel came for water aerobics, followed by dinner and wine at my place on Friday... as we sat and re-hashed out hopes and dreams she ran her hands over my dining room table (has a moon and trippin' chickens on it) and said, I love this table... and I said, Wait a minute!... ran down the hall and brought out the old bathroom scale I painted last week.... and she loved it too... in fact she said, We can sell these... she said she likes to market (I hate to market)... I can be the creator and she can be the sales guru... anyway we are going to go for it... first of all one-of's... then, if we get some wind under out wings, maybe a bit more... fun, huh?

Oddly enough both of us, without having discussed it first have decided we just want to have fun... we are sooooo tired of trying.

Above is a cabinet door I painted years ago... I love this cabinet even though it has a semi-broken door...the cat did it... and since I painted it I have known one of things I love to do is this kind of super stylized painting.



And then there is the kitchen....


Yesterday my great friend and contractor V. came over and we pulled out the cabinet I have always hated in the dining room and the cabinets above the stove... even though the place looks a wreck, I love the openness that has been created. Going to paint the walls the palest glass blue to match the glass tiled wall....


Here is V. today... masking and texturizing because this area is going to be much more open.... we found a hood on line at Fabyka ... V. was very impressed with the quality and price... I have ordered it and within the week should have it for installation.

Cannot wait to have this all done and have a big party! It will be so great! I might even be able to bake a decent batch of cookies for once... (I have always blamed the stove.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finally! i've always thought you have a great thing with the painted furniture.