Monday, July 30, 2007

6 good things


Bill and I had our picture taken in front of a rainbow in the campground of Canyon de Chelly. He had been doing his Ricky voice all day calling me Lucy since I tied a bandanna around my head trying to control my unruly mass of curls. "No, Lucy, you cannot be on the show..."
This was the first stop on our 9-day camping adventure. We made the rounds of the ruins; Canyon de Chelly's White House, Pueblo Bonito in Chaco Canyon, the village at Aztec ruins and the cliff dwellings at Bandolier Nat. Monument. We also shopped Taos and stopped at a Native American cultural festival in Farmington where Bill bought me a beautiful necklace. I lost one earring of a set I had made and Bill took a bunch of pictures, worked at staying as sugar free as possible and managed to track down an old acquaintance in Pilar, NM. I cooked and drove and was allowed to have my way almost the entire time. We ended our journey in Albuquerque, staying the night in a hotel and eating at a Brazilian restaurant that took the eating of carne to a new level. We had a good time, didn't squabble much, and enjoyed each other's company.
Here is an incomplete list of why I like Bill:
1. he sometimes calls me Lucy when everyone else knows I am an Ethel.
2. he appreciates my cooking, even when camping.
3. he buys a tumbled stone with no flaws and tells me it is just like me (overpriced?)
4. he reminds me when I have not made a complete stop.
5. he walks on the side of the road where dogs might jump out and attack me.
6. he keeps coming back
****PLEASE, can anyone tell me why I have lost my line spacing????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a really nice picture of you two. And wow! 9 days camping! I just managed 4 and feel exhausted.