Monday, November 17, 2008

perfect

look at this perfect stack... balanced for the moment... serene and beautiful... oblivious to any danger.

last night I told the story of sitting in the steam room at the gym and forcing myself to see my daughters as perfect just the way they were (the teen years had been tough)... of after that practicing seeing them as perfect as often as I could... and how something changed... me or them, I was never sure... but that shift made everything better.

I've practiced this form of seeing every so often since. With my children, with the students, with people I know... but I've never practiced it on me. I've never stopped and said to myself, "you are perfect just the way you are and when you change, that will be perfect, too."

I have writer's block and artist's block and general social skills block right now and I have been struggling with it but at this moment, I think I need to switch my thinking and not just relax into it, but really see this a temporary state of still-perfection... I need to love this person with no words and no art... I need to do for myself what I would willing do for others.

Gee, I am feeling better already.

No comments: