Thursday, July 17, 2008

class of '67

Well, here we are, sitting in the basement of the country club because it was raining cats and dogs outside. I am on the floor front and center... I am on the floor to prove that I can still get on the floor and up again. Mary is there in the front row with me, she is in the green, Patricia is right behind her with the naturally dark hair... she has a 30 year old and a 13 year old... Dee is next to Mary, still wears too much eye-liner and still completely, flawlessly nice.

There were men there, guys I went to school with, graduated with... Champie, who gave me my first kiss on a church sponsored hay-rack ride, Steve, Kathy's husband, Bobby T who still looked like a kid, Butch P. still rolling his eyes and saying outrageous things... but mostly the guys were people I would never know if I met them on the street. I didn't talk with them much. I spent most of my time talking with the women, the girls I went to school with....

I went to this reunion thinking "something" was there for me, and I came away not certain what it might be except I like where I live and what I have become. Maybe that is enough.

love&peace

No comments: