Saturday, July 12, 2008

6 things I like

Okay Roo-b... here ya' go...

Because i am right now in rain-soaked Forsythe, Illinois, and because yesterday evening my sister and i rode through our old home town:

1. I like sunshine... and most everything that goes with it... like dry air and dry clothes and cactus and trees that are a bit under control

2. I like clean houses... really clean... with clean windows and minimal clutter and doors that can open without a swarm of bugs entering in.

3. I like (love) the smell of sheets pulled fresh off the clothes line and still warm from the sun when they are smoothed on the bed

4. I like my sister... okay, somethimes she is a bit much for me... but I am very happy to say that maybe we both have matured or something... but I really like my sister and that makes me really happy to know. We went canoeing... she is a much better canoeing partner than B. who throws hissy fits when he gets splached.

5. I like good non-fiction because it is seldom disturbing like the book, the Bright Forever, that I read while we were camping last week. Currently reading Seeing God... not the least bit creepy.

6. I like the SIU sweatshirt I bought yesterday at the 710 bookstore in Carbondale, Illinois... after wanting an SIU sweatshirt for several years and not being able to find one, I was nearly giddy excited. it is not grey, which was my preference... but still plain. Anyway, Yeah!

tonight my class reunion... I'm getting kind of nervous/excited... driving through town was such an "ohmygod!" experience that i have this little feeling of dread... but it will be fine.

I will be home Tuesday night... will give a full report on Wednesday.

love & peace

No comments: