Sunday, May 31, 2009

what I did, who I am

Decided I am going to try to chronicle the summer... which doesn't officially start for me until June 3. Taking one picture every day of what I have been doing and one self -portrait... here you will see a couple of what I've been doing and several self-portrait's since that is where i need the most practice... maybe.
Paper. I've been making paper. some of the gray-blue tones you see... how do you make rice paper? with rice?

In the kitchen. light coming in through the window, shade drawn, but still harsh light. Washes too much color out.
In the dining room. Light source nearly the same as the kitchen but I am standing further from the window... a little better. Color seems pretty natural.

In the living room. Northern light here and maybe the flash is at work. I think this is probably the best color for being realistic... and I like how my aging skin is a bit softened.

I did not take this picture today, Katie did. She threw a surprise birthday party for me... it was a surprise. She told me we were going to the pool and then out to dinner.
Me and just a few of the folks who decided to come... I feel truly blessed that so many people would take time out of their days to come say happy birthday to me.

No comments: